Wednesday, August 31, 2016

I Can't Stand It

I can't stand it
You're fooling around, I can't stand it
You're running around, I can't stand it
You're fooling around with my heart

                     - From Eric Clapton's "I Can't Stand It"

I've taken leave of writing about Oracle products and services.  Since joining Oracle and "taking the King's shilling", I felt that I could no longer be an impartial voice.  But I just can't stand it anymore.

My energies and my passion for the world of tech is, to a huge degree, wrapped up in Oracle.  I see things happening.  I read the opinions of others.  I hear things.  And I feel the urge to jump into the mix.  Refraining from doing so has somewhat sapped that energy and passion.  So I'm jumping in again, here, on LinkedIn Pulse and on my Twitter feed.

As I do this, you need to know a few things:

  1. I can't talk about products or services pre-release
  2. I can't share information about release dates
  3. There is a limit to my impartiality.  After all, Oracle puts the roof over my head and the food on my table.
  4. All the opinions expressed by me anywhere are entirely my own and should not be construed in any way as opinions, comments or commitments on behalf of Oracle Corporation.
Yeah, I think that's about it.  I can't stand it no more.  Game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment